Blessed be His Name
from the heart of our missionary family the Mayles
Sometimes in life we are asked to walk through difficult experiences. Our family is going through a dark season right now, and we are in need of your prayers. This week Angie is suffering the miscarriage of our fourth child. She was nearing the end of the first trimester when she began experiencing problems on Nosy Mitsio. The timing worked out for us to travel off the island with our AIM Madagascar Unit leader, Rosina, and AIM Medical Consultant, Geoff, who had been visiting our team. We were all able to travel together to Nosy Be, a much larger island south of Nosy Mitsio, where we received the sad news that our baby had not survived. We are being cared for beautifully during this time of loss by Rosina and our AIM family. We are staying in Rosina’s village until Angie is cleared medically. We will be going for a follow up appointment next week. Will you please be praying that physically no further interventions are needed and that Angie’s body will heal properly?
So where do we go from here? Our departure from the island nearly coincides with a previously scheduled extended time away from the island. We will be traveling to another region of Madagascar to do our “month out”. This is a part of the TIMO program where we spend one month with another missionary’s ministry learning from them. Following our month out is our yearly AIM Madagascar Unit retreat, and then we will be returning to Nosy Mitsio the end of October/early November for our final month on the island. In that month we hope to continue the Discovery Bible Studies that had begun in our village and continue working with our medical learners. In early December our TIMO term will finish, and we will be back in America mid-December.
What about after that? The simple answer: We simply do not know. Will you please be praying for our family as we continue to seek God to determine our next steps? We trust God has the perfect plan for us, but it is evidently not time for us to know quite yet what His perfect plan is.
- For complete, quick healing physically for Angie.
- That this time of medical leave on Nosy Be will bring emotional healing to our family, and that we will be strengthened to finish the term well.
- For God’s direction for our future to become clear to us.
- For the Antakarana on Nosy Mitsio who will be without our team for two months. Pray that the Spirit will continue to work on the hearts of the people. The Word has been shared through our Bible Studies. Pray that it will remain in their hearts.
- That the medical work that has begun on Nosy Mitsio will continue to move forward, even in our time away.
Thank you in advance for the love, support, and prayers during this time.